During Sunday service English translation sometimes is provided over WiFi. Please bring your smartphone, earphones & prepare the listening app in advance by following the instructions below:
1. Download and install translation receiver App:
a) Enable “Unknown Sources ” on Android.
c) Install the APK file. Navigate to the directory where you have downloaded your APK file. Mostly, it’s stored in the “Downloads” folder on your Android device. Once in the directory, tap the APK icon and an installation dialogue box will pop-up. Hit the install button to install the APK on your Android.
2. When in church service – connect to our WiFi, plug in your earphones and listen to the translation on the app!
The 3 main states the Receiver App can be in:
1. Waiting – Waiting for the Server Application to stream audio data
2. Streaming – The Server Application is streaming audio data. We can now choose which language we’d like to listen to, then click Start Listening when we’re ready.
3. Listening – We’re now receiving the audio data and playing it.
In the Listening state, you may drag the “Delay” slider back and forth. A smaller number means you’re audio delay will be closer to real-time, but because of that, your audio quality may suffer (because you’re buffer is smaller). The goal is to get the delay down as low as you can, while still receiving a good, clear audio signal. This will vary based on device and wireless interference.
If the Server is streaming, but the Receiver App still says “Waiting for server to stream”, double-check that you’re connected to the correct Wi-Fi network – this is always listed at the very top of the app.
In some cases, the Receiver App will say “Waiting for Server to stream” when in fact the Server IS streaming (and you’re on the correct Wi-Fi network). If this happens, turn off the app and restart it (don’t just put the app in the background, but actually turn it off).
See you in the church service!