We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the God-given source of our values and purpose as a local church, body of believers. Acts 2, 42-47, describe the first church that gathered together in Jerusalem after the resurrection and ascension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. These verses clearly define for us the Biblical values of a local church. By the grace of God, we seek to make those values are values or our own values…
“And they devoted themselves to the apostle’s teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers….praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.”
1. Devotion to the Apostles teaching, the Holy Scriptures: We value the Word of God! We believe that the faithful preaching and teaching of the Word of God is the means that God has ordained to build, sustain and protect His church. We believe that the reading and proclamation of the Holy Scriptures are foundational acts of fellowship and true worship of God. Therefore, we make in our aim to give the preaching and teaching of the Word of God a priority in our worship services.
2. Devotion to the fellowship, to one another: We love and value family! The New Testament describes the church, not as a building to gather into, but as a body, a household of faith. Therefore, we seek to make Grace Baptist a family where people are loved, accepted, given the opportunity to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and serve the body of Christ by using their spiritual gifts to the glory of God.
3. Devotion to the breaking of bread, Worship: We value worshiping God together as a family! As the body of Christ, we experience the presence of God as we gather together in Jesus name, to give thanks, sing and worship. We treasure the words of Jesus in Mt 18, 20 “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
4. Devotion to Prayer: We value prayer! Prayer is an essential part of our worship service and daily lives as Christians. Prayer demonstrates our absolute trust and dependence upon the goodness and power of God to accomplish His sovereign will on our lives.
5. Devotion to Evangelism, “and the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” We value the Gospel of Jesus Christ and believe that that gospel alone is the power of God unto salvation. (Rom 1, 16 ) Therefore we exist to faithfully proclaim and defend the gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations. (Mt 28,18-19) We believe that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. (Rom 10,17)